Liebster means sweetheart, so the nomination process is merely spreading some blog love. Thank you to two kind and generous blogging sisters who nominated me for the Liebster Award. The first nomination came from Goodwoman at https://helizabeth1952.wordpress.com/. The second came from https://healthyglowchic.wordpress.com/
I have to admit, it’s taken me a while to get around to this item as I have some mixed feelings about burdening someone with the work involved in accepting this award, so if you don’t want to accept, no worries.
These are the Official Rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
• Thank the person that nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
• Display the award on your blog.
• Answer the eleven questions about yourself provided to you by the person who nominated you.
• Provide eleven random facts about yourself.
• Nominate five to eleven blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
• Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
• List these rules in your post.
• Inform the bloggers that you nominated, that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
Questions from healthyglowchic:
1. What inspires you in life? People who keep trying, keep learning new things, who just don’t give up.
2. What is your favorite song? Too many. Over the Rainbow, Wonderful World, For Good.
3. If you could save only one book from a burning library what would it be? Hmmm. Some history book, probably. But really, my faves are on my kindle, so I’m good.
4. Where is the most exotic place you have visited? Tulum ruins on the Yucatan Peninsula
5. Who would play you in a movie? Sally Field, but she’d have to put on a little weight.
6. What’s your most embarrassing moment? Slipping and sliding down the carpeted stairs in new shoes and pink formal. My boyfriend was waiting at the bottom and (bless his heart) merely took my hand and helped me up without a word. Years later, he swears he doesn’t even remember it. Again, bless his heart.
7. What’s your favorite exercise? Yoga
8. How many times a week do you exercise? Elliptical and back exercises 4x, long walk 1x, yoga 1x, 10,000 steps nearly every day.
9. What is the most unusual food you have eaten? Octopus or abalone
10. Do you have a goal you want to achieve in 2015? Finish a second draft of my novel and see a certain not-too-far-away number on the scale.
11. What one character in history do you admire? Eleanor Roosevelt
Questions from goodwoman:
1. What is the best advice you ever received? Marry for love.
2. What is one skill you wish you had, but sadly lack? Balance
3. How do you fit blogging into your life? Not very well, trying to set up a schedule. I have other writing to accomplish as well, so coming up with a blog post isn’t always a priority.
4. What one post on your blog are you most proud of? A Blogging 101 assignment, addressing our dream reader: https://nvlorie.wordpress.com/2015/01/08/dear-reader/
5. What is your favorite place in the world? Wherever my too-far-flung family is, but preferably on a vacation near water. Lake, river, ocean, kiddie pool, doesn’t matter.
6. What three words would you use to describe yourself? Creative, kind, organized
7. What is your favorite color and why? Red. It’s strong, vibrant and looks good with my jeans. Blue is a close second, especially that really bright cobalt.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? One of those river cruises through Europe or a cruise around the Mediterranean.
9. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? Read and write.
10. Do you prefer dogs, cats, or neither? Why? I’ve had both and like both. Now I just have one old, fairly self-sufficient cat. I think I may be done with having pets when she goes though. I feel like shedding responsibilities.
11. What personal habit in others annoys you the most? Petty meanness.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. My granddaughter and I were both born in the Year of the Tiger.
2. I’m a fourth generation native Californian, but haven’t lived there since 1977.
3. I love sushi.
4. I’ve been a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers since 2003 and a leader since 2007. While health has mostly become a habit, I work at it every day.
5. I love family reunions.
6. I have never missed voting in an election. Ever.
7. My husband and I clean house together every two weeks. Whether it needs it or not.
8. My baby brother somehow passed me by and is now my older brother.
9. I love soft pajamas and comfortable shoes.
10. I wake up slowly and really can’t be sociable until at least one cup of coffee has done its job.
11. I do a Mensa crossword puzzle every morning while eating breakfast.
My five nominees:
1. This sunshiny girl sends positive energy into the world. Do you need a day brightener? A little motivation? Look here: http://goldenlifeliving.com/
2. Are you a fan of romance? Please take a look at my friend Wilma’s blog at https://wilmacounts.wordpress.com/
3. Janet, another talented wordsmith shares her wit and wisdom at https://auntbeulahblog.wordpress.com/
4. If you’re looking to add books to your “To Be Read” list, cruise on over to http://chouett.com/
5. Or if you’d like to follow Clare and Dean as they travel around Australia in their camper, tag along at http://clare-n-dean.com/
My questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. Have you published your writing elsewhere? Where can we find it?
3. Share an embarrassing moment.
4. What’s the best advice you ever received?
5. Do you have a secret talent? What?
6. Have you had to overcome some adversity or challenge? What or who inspired you?
7. Who is your celebrity boy/girlfriend?
8. If you could invite anyone in the world to dinner, who would it be?
9. What does a perfect day look like?10. Do you have a mantra or favorite quote, something you repeat to yourself when stressed or confused or worried? Share.
11. What have you crossed off your bucket list? What’s left?